Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 5 T2P

Mind vs Brain
    Spending today working on the neural portion of educational psychology was interesting and informative but honestly a little more than I really needed. I was never big into psychology in my undergraduate work, and while this class was important to me in the context of the program and teaching, psychology would never top my list of educational interests. I have a hard time dealing with my own mind so thinking about other peoples minds is simply overload for me. 
    Learning theories are most certainly important to any pedological practice for any teacher and are an important of pre-service teacher training. These theories play an important part in a teacher developing their individual theory on the role of the teacher, student, content and context. While some people find themselves drawn to one theory and use that exclusively, I have found it impossible to pick one theory I come across will, I believe, culminate in the best learning theory for my individual strengths and weaknesses. 

1 comment:

  1. JP,

    I appreciate your honesty. For the record adolescent neurophysiology doesn't fall within a typical educational psychology course. Its not psychology after all (the study of the mind); its biology.

    I hope that over time and throughout your career you will identify some worth in the time you invested questioning, theorizing, and getting to know (at least superficially) some of the theories that help humans make sense of how humans learn.

    GNA

    ReplyDelete